The programme aims at awarding of 5000 PhD scholarships in various field of studies in different phases/Batches. The priority areas for research include Engineering Sciences, Pharmaceuticals, Biotechnology, Information Technology, Basic Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Humanities/Social Sciences and Health Sciences. Scholarships however, are not restricted to specified subject/areas and may also be awarded to scholars who would like to conduct research in any area not specified in the programme.
The objectives of the scheme are:
- To stimulate research and development activities in public sector Universities in Pakistan.
- To create a critical mass of highly qualified human resources in all fields taught at the advanced level in the world. These locally qualified academics and researchers will improve the R&D potential of our teaching and research institutions and the training potentials of our universities (public as well as private) and feed the industrial sector.
- To promote M.Phil/M.S (Engr) and Ph.D. courses and research work in all fields. These M.Phil, M.S. (Engr) and Ph.D. students will work on problems of interest to Pakistan and will address social and economical problems critical to the development of Pakistan.
- The specific objective is to give scholarships to a total of 5000 students in five batches. 1000 Ph.D scholars in the first year as batch-I, starting from September 2003. These students will initially be enrolled in the respective M.Phil/M.S (Engr) programs at the Universities and will subsequently become Ph.D. scholars. Four batches of Ph.D students will follow in subsequent four years.
Prospective candidates should fill-in the online application form available at HEC Website and post the printed copy of the same form along-with a Online BANK Deposit Slip of Rs. 300/- (non refundable) in favor of the Director General Finance, Higher Education Commission, H-9, Islamabad on A/C No. 01120050011901, HBL Aabpara Branch Islamabad as processing fee
No application will be entertained /processed without the appropriate FEE and received after closing date of application.
Following documents are required to be sent with the print of online application form:
- Matric Certificate,HSSC Certificate (Attested from IBCC
- Graduation/Masters/MS/M.Phil Degree(Attested from HEC)
- Admission letter in PhD, or conversion letter in PhD program in case MS/M.Phil leading to PhD student.
- Consent of HEC approved Supervisor with his profile and departmental profile (Format available at HEC website)
Those students will be eligible to apply for HEC scholarship who are enrolled in those Universities/degree awarding institutions who have adopted the HEC “Quality Assurance Criteria for PhD level Studies as given in HEC website”.
The award of Indigenous scholarship program will be maximum period of 3 years or for the remaining period for the completion of PhD studies as the case may be.
HEC reserves the right for the selection and rejection of the scholarship or any change in procedure at any stage for the award of scholarship as per rules.
Time to time changes made in policies by the HEC Quality Assurance division will be implemented to all HEC scholars.
All scholarships will be awarded on merit.
Incomplete applications or those received after the closing date will not be entertained.
Candidates must have 18 years education.
Application forms, complete in all respect should reach HEC on or before Monday, 31 May 2010 through postal mail or courier service, No form will be accepted/entertained personally/by hand.
Higher Education Commission,
H-9, Islamabad, Pakistan
Email: – firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline : 31 May 2010