2011-12 VLIR-UOS Master Degree Scholarships for Developing Countries, Belgium

VLIR-UOS funded International Training Programmes and the International Master Programmes in Belgium for developing Countries Students

Job description: VLIR-UOS awards scholarships to students from developing countries so that they can follow a master programme in Belgium. These scholarships cover all related expenses. Every year, VLIR-UOS awards up to 180 scholarships to first-year master students.

VLIR-UOS funds and facilitates academic cooperation and exchange between higher education institutions in Flanders (Belgium) and those in developing countries, which aims at building capacity, knowledge and experience for a sustainable development. As part of the Flemish Interuniversity Council, VLIR-UOS is responsible for managing and dispersing the university development cooperation funds of Belgium’s Minister of Development Cooperation.

Field of Study and the the Programmes

International Training Programmes 2011

• AudioVisual Learning Materials – Management, Production and Activities (AVLM)
  • Beekeeping for Poverty Alleviation
  • International Training Programme in Food Safety, Quality Assurance Systems and Risk Analysis
  • Lib@Web – Management of Electronic Information and Digital Libraries
  • Technology for Integrated Water Management

International Master Programmes 2011-2012

• Master of Development Evaluation and Management
  • Master of Globalisation and Development
  • Master of Governance and Development
  • Master of Human Settlements

International Master Programmes 2011-2013

• Master of Aquaculture
  • Master of Biology – Specialisation Human Ecology
  • Master of Biostatistics
  • Master of Environmental Sanitation
  • Master of Food Technology
  • Master of Marine and Lacustrine Science and Management (Oceans & Lakes)
  • Master of Molecular Biology (IPMB)
  • Master of Nematology
  • Master of Nutrition and Rural Development,Main Subject: Human Nutrition
  • Master of Physical Land Resources
  • Master of Water Resources Engineering

Only residents and nationals of the following countries are eligible for a VLIR-UOS scholarship:

Africa

Algeria, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Niger, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe

Asia

Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Palestinian Administered Areas, Philippines, Vietnam

Latin America

Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Cuba, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Nicaragua, Peru, Surinam

Applicants applying for both academic admission and a VLIR-UOS scholarship need to consider both the admission requirements and the scholarship criteria.
Applicants applying for academic admission but not for a scholarship simply need to fulfill only the admission requirements of the host university running the programme.

The host university is in charge of the academic admission of applications. Study results will be taken into consideration during the selection, but the most important academic selection criteria are relevant professional experience and prospects for applying the acquired insights after return to the developing country. The academic admission requirements are specific to every programme. Please peruse the requirements from the relevant programme.

A joint selection committee of VLIR-UOS and the host university is responsible for selecting scholarships. The host university – not the applicant – forwards the scholarship applications to the VLIR-UOS secretariat if the academic admission requirements are met. The VLIR-UOS scholarship criteria relate to the qualifications required of all scholarship applicants and selection criteria evaluated by the selection committee. Download the VLIR-UOS scholarship criteria at the bottom of this page.
All applicants receive an acknowledgement of receipt of their applications. Applicants whose proposals are deemed academically admissible and who are awarded a scholarship for the academic year 2011-2012 will be contacted by VLIR-UOS and the host university by e-mail in May and June 2011. Applicants whose proposals are deemed academically admissible will be notified by the host university.

This is how you apply for the academic year 2011-2012

You can apply for a VLIR-UOS scholarship from the 1st of October 2010.

You must fill in the pre-screening form at the bottom of the page of the programme you want to follow. You may only choose one programme. If you apply to more than one programme your details will be entered more than once in our central database and all your applications will be inadmissible.

So you must follow the correct and complete procedure below.

1.       Apply on the VLIR-UOS website via the pre-screening form: fill in name, birth date, country, etc…;

2.       Receive a VLIR-UOS application/file number by return e-mail from VLIR-UOS;

3.       Apply on the website from the host university through the link mentioned in the return e-mail from VLIR-UOS;

4.       Write the received VLIR-UOS application/file number on the application file from the host university;

5.       Send a printout of your application file along with all required documents (diploma transcripts, motivation, etc…) to the International Office of the host university, not to VLIR-UOS.

Applications that are incomplete, illegible or that reach the host university’s International Office after the deadline will be automatically rejected.

The deadline to apply for a scholarship from VLIR-UOS for a master programme is the 1st of February 2011.

55 Comments

1. afuh glenis mah says:

Thanks for this great oppotunity and hope to herev ffrom you soonest.
    Yours future Applicant

2. afuh glenis mah says:

It was exciting to have read about this scholaship oppotunities on the internet.It is usually good for developed nations like you to think of less developed countries like mine{Cameroom} and offer oppotunies for us to study on scholarship and when we retur to our home countries,put what we have studied in to practice.thanks so much and hope to here from you soonest

3. Teshale Alemu Gebremeskel says:

I would be happy If I got the chance to study abroad

4. Bamlaku Desalegn says:

i am interested to attain my MSc in your universities particularly in physical land resource if you give a chance to me since my back ground is land resource management and environmental protection from mekelle university , Ethiopia in a competitive GPA AND NOW I AM SERVING A GRADUATE ASSISTANCE IN THIS UNIVERSITY.
    with regards, thanks

5. Bamlaku Desalegn says:

hi dear sir(madam) i am from Ethiopia w/c is developing country but what is my interest is that i really wants to attain my MSc in your institution that gives as a chance for us. i have a BSc diploma in land resource management and environmental protection with a competent GPA from mekelle university. so i am well intrsted in physical land resource what you have.

with regards,

6. Haimanot says:

i am from ethiopia.i have doctrate degree in veterinary medicine & i have two years work experiance. if you offer me will work for the development of the country.thankyou!

7. kidanemariam gaim says:

dear sir(madam) i am from Ethiopia , and i have got my first degree from mekelle universiyt
    in biology with a competent GPA and now i am working there in the university as ssistant
    lecturer ,so i am well intersted in molecular bilology.

8. Bayu Dume says:

I am Bayu Dume from Ethiopia .I am a 24 years old .I took my BSC degree in Applied Chemistry in July 2006 from Ambo University. currently I am working as an Assistant Lab.Technisian in Jimma university in the school of Agri.&Vetrinery Medivine department of NaturalResource Manegment(NRM).

now ,I want to pursue my M.Sc degree programme in any one of the fields related to my field.

so please im looking forward to hearing your response as soon as possible

with best regards

9. alemu atanaw says:

I am eager to get this amazing opportunity to study my masters programme in water resource engineering.

10. alemu atanaw says:

i am from ethiopia and i have a BSc.degree in water resource engineering in bahirdar university.so i have asked politely to give me the chance to learn my MSc from your institute .THANK YOU!

11. Solomon says:

Dear sir(madam);
    i am from Ethiopia which is developing country but what is my interest is that i really wants to attain my MSc in your institution that gives as a chance for us. i have a BSc degree in plant sciences with a competent GPA from Haramaya University. so i am well intrsted in related fields and what you have belons me.

I asking kindly,

12. I am interested to attain my MSc in your universities particularly in physical land resource .and watershed management if you give a chance to me since my back ground is land resource management and environmental protection in 2008 from Mekelle university, Ethiopia.NOW I AM SERVING WERER AGRICULTURAL RESEARCH CENTER AS RESEARCHER.
    This have an postive effect will working on enivromental protection that highly affect the world in term of global warming. if you will give this chance i am interested to work dry land conservetion and watershed management.
    THANK YOU !

13. ESHETU LEMMA says:

i am interested to attain my MSc in your universities particularly in Master of Water Resources Engineering if you give a chance to me since my back ground is Applied Chemistry from Debub university , Ethiopia in a competitive GPA AND NOW I AM SERVING A GRADUATE ASSISTANCE IN AKSUM UNIVERSITY.
    with regards, thanks

14. PIPO says:

Hi, I am very interested in this opportunity.

15. i am very interesting to continue my masters dgree in physical land resource if i have a chance of getting an opportunity. i am graduted from land resource managment from dilla university lastyear. now i am working in dilla university as assistant lecture. best regared

16. ISAAC ESSEL JUNIOR says:

Hi I am interested in this opportunity and wOULD BE EXCITED TO BE BRIEFED MORE

17. Debelo Dugasa says:

I am very interesting to continue my masters degree in Nutrition and Rural Development,Main Subject: Human Nutrition because I have degree in Occupational Health and Safety from University of Gonder in 2006 I will holdmy masters in Urban Management ,specilazed in urban environmental management in coming August 2011 from ethiopia civil service college if I have a chance of getting an opportunity and my age is about 26years old. Now i am working in Addis Ababa Government Office as Labor Inspector and HIV/AID . best regared

18. Girma selale says:

I am Girma selale from Jimma university ,chemistry de[partment.I have MSC in Analytical chemistry.I was graduated from university with great distinction in both BSC and MSC.Now I am interested to do my master on food technology.Please would you send me the apprpriatness of this field to my qulification and forward the application form
    Mr. Girma Selale
    Lecterer in Analytical chemistry

19. mebratu belete says:

I am Mebratu Belete from Ethiopia. I am lecturer at Arbaminch College of Teacher Education. I have M.A in DEVELOPMENTAL PSYCHOLOGY from Addis Ababa University. I have good GPA and Excellent pass in my thesis work. I need to study abroad to further exploit my potential in the areas related to field of study. Thankyou for your appealing response!
    Mebratu Belete
    p.o.b-2052
    tel- +251911072096
    Ethiopia

20. kassahun yimam says:

i am graduate of Enviromental health/Bsc/ from Gonder unversity &very interesting to study in the master programme of Human nutriton.

21. Girma says:

I am girma bekele from Ethiopa. I am graduated from University in accounting and working in One Governmental organization. I am seeking to apply on masters of Development evaluation and management that a belgioum governamet awarded for developing countries.

22. Xavier Gulele says:

I am Xavier Gulele, Mozambican, born on February 19, 1977. I saw an opportunity to follow the master’s degree at your university in Master of Development Evaluation and Management or Master of Environmental Sanitation. I am licensed in Meteorology from the University Eduardo Mondlane in Mozambique since 2006 and currently work for the National Institute of Disaster Management in Mozambique since 2006. I am interested in pursuing one of these or other courses within the existing opportune.

how can I do to join?

Xavier Gulele

Mozambique

23. Xavier Gulele says:

how to get scholarship to follow the master degree?

how can I do to join?

Xavier Gulele

Mozambique

24. MOHAMMED K J says:

i AM mOHAMMED OAGED 39, I COMPLETED MY MASTER DEGREE IN FINANCE AT UNIVERSITY OF STRATHCLYDE,FOR THE TIME AM WORKING AS INTERNAL AUDITOR IN ZANZIBAR ELECTRICITY CORPORATION ZANZIBAR, ALSO I AM PART TIMING TEACHER IN ONE UNIVERSITY IN TANZANIA AND OTHER DAYS I AM WORKING IN ONE NGO DEALING WITH AIDS
    AM VERY INTERESTING IF YOU GIVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO PURSUE THE ABOVE NAMED COURSE

YOURS

MOHAMMED K JUMA

25. Tshering says:

its an opportunity and help for such an offer by your country and university…….i am very much looking forward in applying but i don fulfill the criteria because of my country……India, bangladesh are included but my country…..bhutan(small himalayan developing country) which is neighbor of the above two country does not fall under it……..so is there any way that i can be eligible……?

26. Abebe Tizazu says:

hi dear/mam first I wish you happy new year to you all.
    I am from Ethiopia I have a first degree in Cooperatives managment and now I want proceed my masters degree in managment. so would you help me by sponsering.

27. kassahun says:

Iam kassahun gebremedhin from Ethiopia with Bsc in meteorological science age 24 working experience four years as climatologist at southern natural resource and environmental protec
    tion authority if any department concern me please help me
    thank you for your immediate response

28. Kundai Masona says:

Iam a holder of BSC Honours in HIV/AIDS Management and Coommunity development. Iam working as an Ocupational health and safety compliance officer and would like to pursue studies in that area.

29. Kundai Masona says:

searching for scholarship in environmental and sanitaion masters program

30. Hullo my name is Joshua Kisakye from Uganda. I am agradaute of Environmental managment from makarere university in kampala uganda. i have been working as an environmental health officer since 2007. I want to purse a masters in environmental sanitation. please send me more information.
    Thank you.

31. chalachew says:

dear sir/madam,
    this is chalachew from Ethiopia,i have graduate BSC. by statistics in Ethiopian recognized university with a com-putative GPA on July 2010 and i want to continue my MSC. in bio-statistics ,econometrics ,and other related fields.so i am waiting full free scholarship to advance my lesson.

32. Getachew Alemu says:

I am interested to attain my MSc in your universities particularly in WATERSHED MANAGEMENT ,I have BSC degree in forestry in Hawassa university ,Wondo genet college of forestry and natural resources, Ethiopia. I member of Adama university and know aday I am attending my MSC degree in the same university, but I want upgrade myself abroad counties.
    with regards, thanks

33. Getachew Alemu says:

I am interested to attain my MSc degree in your universities particularly in WATERSHED MANAGEMENT ,I have BSC degree in forestry in Hawassa university ,Wondo genet college of forestry and natural resources, Ethiopia. I member of Adama university and know aday I am attending my MSC degree in the same university, but I want upgrade myself abroad counties.
    with regards, thanks

34. I am interested to attain my MSc degree in your universities particularly in physical land resources or WATERSHED MANAGEMENT ,I have BSC degree in forestry in Hawassa university ,Wondo genet college of forestry and natural resources, Ethiopia. I member of Adama university and know aday I am attending my MSC degree in the same university, but I want upgrade myself abroad counties.
    with regards, thanks

35. IMMACULATE KEBIRUNGI says:

I am interested to attain my MBA Human Resource from my home country Uganda, can I be eligible for your scholarships? I have a Bachelors degree in Administrative and Secretarial Science (2nd class upper). Otherwise thanks for promoting education, which is the key to development in most Developing countries

36. Gemechu Bekele Kitil
    May 22th, 2011 at 07:07 | #28

Reply | Quote

I am interested to attain my BSc, in your universities particularly in physical land resources or WATERSHED MANAGEMENT ,I have BSC degree in forestry in Hawassa university ,Wondo genet college of forestry and natural resources, Ethiopia. which is the key to development in most Developing countries. please send me more information.
    Thank you for reap ling response.

37. Muamba kashala eric says:

Sir,am from DR Congo but obtained my first degree at University of Agriculture Abeokuta in Nigeria.i want to ask when is the next VLIR -UOS scholarship be out

38. nugusse ghebreslase says:

My name is nugusse ghebreslase from eritrea . I have graduated from the university of asmara in 2007 in applied biology and i work as a teacher for four years in 12 grade at warsay yikealo secondary school in sawa.I am also a volunteer of the national Red cross society of Eritrea since 2002 and i worked deployed in many national occassion in dessimnating the RC/RC knowledge. i am also worked with different consultants in different reaserches.so now i want to upgarde to masters level if you can help me.
    thanks for your consideration.
    my email nugusseg@yahoo.com

39. chalachew says:

Dear sir/madam
    this is Chalachew from Ethiopia and i am graduated my BSC. In statistics in Ethiopian recognized university on July 2010 with an interesting CGPA.and currently i am employed at national bank of Ethiopia as a junior research officer. I have the ambition to continue MSC. In bio statistics, econometrics or other statistics related fields. I am waiting full scholarship including all expenses including travel fees. so if u gave me this chance i will be effective.

40. Jiregna teshome says:

Hello,I’m Jiregna from Ethiopia.I have BSC degree in Nursing with very good Commulative GPA .I’m interested to join masters program in Human nutrition with full fee xpenses including travel fees.therefore, if you give me this chance I will effectively conduct the program.
    Thankyou for your cooperation!

41. Maleda Abebe says:

I want to apply in physical land resources MSc. study progeramme.Therefore,is it get an acceptance by Vlior-ous and the host university when i will send all the require documents in one envelope? and which documents must be send by the home university?

With regards,

42. M.Edimealem says:

Dear Sir/Madam.

I am an Ethiopian citizen who completed my bachelor degree with major Statistics and minor Economics with distinction from Dilla University, Ethiopia. Currently I am working as a junior research officer in Economic Modeling and Policy Analysis Directorate in a higher hierarchy institution called National Bank of Ethiopia which is located in Addis Ababa Ethiopia. I am looking forward for any chance that I can peruse my Masters level education in the field statistics or if possible economics.

Thanking You.

43. Francis says:

Dear Sir/Madam,

First of all i am so happy because of the Belgium government always gave this chance to developing country. I am from one of developng country Ethiopia. I have completed my BSc degree in Jimma Univeristy which is one of the most highly ranked university from Ethiopia really i want to study my Masteres Degree in Belgium after that i will help my poor country Ethiopia in my Filed.

Thanks
    Francis

44. M.Edimealem says:

Dear Sir/Madam.

I am an Ethiopian citizen who completed my bachelor degree with major Statistics and minor Economics with distinction from Dilla University, Ethiopia. Currently I am working as a junior research officer in Economic Modeling and Policy Analysis Directorate in a higher hierarchy institution called National Bank of Ethiopia which is located in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. I am looking forward for any chance that I can peruse my Masters level education in the field statistics or if possible economics.

Thanking You.

45. Thank you for this chance to communcate with You. This a saliant chance or opportunities of exellence. I am ethiopian living Oromia regional state. I have BA in History(non-teaching stream). I want to study for Phyisical Land Resources.

46. Hi Dear, Sirs/Madams

Currently I am working On Conflict Prevention & Resolution activties as Senior Expert. Most community conflicts have been emanted from land resources management in developing countries. Thus want to study on Land resources related to community/social conflicts.

With Best Regards.

47. Victor Pascoal says:

I need more information, may you send via email.
    I am Mozambican and i would like to continuo with my stude

48. ADMASU MUCHE MIHRET says:

Dear Sir/Madam.

I am an Ethiopian citizen who completed my bachelor degree with major Geography and enviromental studies with distinction from University of Gondar, Ethiopia. Currently I am working as an instructor of civic and ethical education in Aykel techincal and vocational education and trainning institution which is located in N/Gondar, Ethiopia. I am looking forward for any chance that I can peruse my Masters level education in the field physical land resources.
    with best regards.

49. Dear Sir/Madam.

I am an Ethiopian citizen who completed my bachelor degree with major Geography and enviromental studies with distinction from University of Gondar, Ethiopia. Currently I am working as an instructor of civic and ethical education in Aykel techincal and vocational education and trainning institution which is located in north Gondar, Ethiopia. I am looking forward for any chance that I can peruse my Masters level education in the field physical land resources.
    with best regards.

50. Alemayehu Sisay Zenebe says:

dear sir/madam.

i have seen the vacant position that you have advertised on the internet website on november 2004 for master of molecular biology/IPMB/ in biology. I have the necercery qualification, that is BSc in biology from Mekele university in Ethiopia. I also have been a vice principal of Aykel TVET collage for about 3 years. I am 32 years old. I wish to continue my education in future .I would be gratfull if my application is given a serious of consideration.If i am selected, i will be available additional to your organaization.

your faithfull!

51. Alemayehu Sisay Zenebe :
    dear sir/madam.
    i have seen the vacant position that you have advertised on the internet website on november 2004 for master of molecular biology/IPMB/ in biology. I have the necercery qualification, that is BED in biology from Mekele university in Ethiopia. I also have been a vice principal of Aykel TVET collage for about 3 years. I am 32 years old. I wish to continue my education in future .I would be gratfull if my application is given a serious of consideration.If i am selected, i will be available additional to your organaization.
    your faithfull!

52. Tewodros Abebaw Chekol says:

I am an Ethiopian citizen who completed my bachelor degree with computer scinece with distinction from University of Gondar, Ethiopia. Currently I am working as instructor at Aykel TVET institution Ethiopia which is located in north Gondar, Ethiopia. I am looking forward for any chance that I can peruse my Masters level education in the field biostastics.

Thanking You.

53. Samson Tizazu Gebre says:

I do have a dream which was grown up within me starting from my high school age in which I can play roles significant to my country (at least) and even to the world concerning Biodiversity protection and control of environmental problems such as pollution and spread of diseases. For this purpose I selected Biology as my major field of study in the beginning of my higher institute (college) study. In order to get my dream come true and widen my action to the levels of country, continent and world wide I have to grow first my selves educational Level to masters, PhD and above positions. Despite these I was happen to work (teach) in remote area for longer time where no one was fortunate to get his/her MSc education. Now your scholarship is coming to become my dream hope window in which financial aids are provided to me. I hope your master’s scholarship studies will equip me with the knowledge and skills of dealing with biodiversity and environmental problems. In my return to my country I will create conditions in which the society will get itself directly responsible for him selves’ environmental problems and biodiversity protection. As I am from tropical country (Ethiopia) which is rich in biodiversity; I would like to take responsibility of minimizing man`s unwise activity against biodiversity. In my country there are greater than nine national parks which are homes for numerous living species. The growing human population in my country is exerting its negative effect on wild life in many ways and these will also be my point of attention in my return to my country. After my study I will search, create cooperation, and regular connection with both governmental and non-governmental bodies that has similar interest, dream and willingness with me. Through these bodies support I will grow my capacity towards my dream achievement. I strongly believe in that there will come time when your organization that grown up me with this scholarship could get blessed by me and my colleagues in the achievement of my wide dream. With no hesitation my dream will come true.

54. I applied for the International Training Programme in Food Safety, Quality Assurance Systems and Risk Analysis and received acknowledgement of receipt of my application and it ended there. I need further updates regarding my application.

55. yihenew mitiku says:

i want to attend MSc in bio statistics