Apply By 31 December 2011
Land O’Lakes International Development is seeking a Country Manager for a USDA-funded development project in Liberia designed to revitalize commercially sustainable livestock production and processing, while building marketing and food safety systems to enhance smallholder income, create jobs, relieve pressure on the environment, build a local foundation for food security, improve nutrition and protect the health of consumers.
This is a three-year project which is expected to begin in August/September 2011.
- Coordinating and directing all activities with respect to implementation of Land O’Lakes’ development program in Liberia, providing general technical guidance and management. This includes assisting farmers and agribusinesses to develop their capacities to produce, process and market products, as well as assisting in the development and strengthening of the livestock industry support systems and related associations in Liberia.
- Ensuring effective planning and achievement of project goals and results targets.
- Supervising all Land O’Lakes staff in Liberia in accordance with good management practices and host country labor laws.
- Monitoring all country budgets to ensure that expenditures are within approved budget parameters and that all appropriate financial reporting and regulatory requirements are met. Overseeing the preparation and submission of annual activity-based project budgets as well as monthly and quarterly financial reports as required by Land O’Lakes and donor organizations.
- Ensuring close collaboration and coordination with cooperating partners to guarantee smooth implementation of activities and achievement of results as specified in grant agreements.
- Initiating, cultivating and maintaining contacts with officials and leaders of host government and donor agencies, non-governmental organizations, institutional partners, cooperatives, and commercial entities in the region to develop new funding opportunities for Land O’Lakes IDD and ensuring that current and future activities are effectively implemented.
- Ensuring project activities comply with regulations of Land O’Lakes, USAID and other relevant donors. Overseeing the acquisition and management of office and project property; manage bank accounts as required; and, maintain property and bank accounts.
- Advanced degree in Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Business Management, Animal Science or a related field or equivalent relevant experience.
- A minimum of five years experience in managing development programs.
- Proven personnel and financial management experience.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to dialogue, network, and negotiate with funding organizations, community groups, private sector organizations and local governments.
- Previous livestock experience.
- Strong English language skills.
- A minimum of five years field and technical experience in developing countries, Africa experience.
- Experience living and working in Africa, especially Liberia.
If you are interested in being considered for this or other positions with Land O’Lakes International Development, please apply on line at https://performancemanager4.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=806&company=LOL&username=
Qualified candidates will be contacted.
Land O’Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Land O’Lakes enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.