Deadline: 15 June 2014
Open to: young professionals from selected countries of the Global South
Fellowship: living expenses, return airfare, free accommodation
The International Center for Human Development (IC4HD) invites mid-career and young professionals to apply for a residential fellowship offered at the Indian Institute of Advanced Study (IIAS), Shimla, India, for the duration of 3 months, starting in August-September 2014. The Fellowships aim to analyze critical development issues from the human development perspective, thereby contributing to development theory, and identification of applications and policies that put people at the centre of development debates.
The research supported under the 2014 Fellowship programme must focus on a well-defined aspect of human development under the theme of social security for the global South. The 2014 Fellowships are offered to citizens of selected countries of the global South.
- Must be a citizen of a country of selected countries of the Global South (see below);
- Master degree in a relevant discipline is desirable;
- Should be between 25 and 35 years of age (at the time of the closing date of the applications);
- Should have 3-5 years of relevant working experience;
- Should not be a UN staff member or a Indian Institute of Advanced Study staff/fellow;
- Africa: Botswana, Cameroon, Gambia, Kenya, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Nigeria, Seychelles, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania and Zambia;
- Arab States: Egypt, Jordan, Tunisia;
- Asia and the Pacific: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, China, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, India, Indonesia, Iran, Kiribati, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, Pakistan, Palau, Philippines, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu and Vietnam;
- Europe and the Commonwealth of Independent States: Armenia, Kyrgyzstan and Turkey;
- Latin America and the Caribbean: Brazil, Mexico, Peru and Venezuela.
The Fellowship covers the living expenses for the Fellow as well as a return airfare to the country of residence as per the most economical and direct route by air. In addition, the selected fellows will receive an amount of INR 50,000 per month. Free furnished residential sharedaccommodation will be provided at IIAS.
Application deadline is 15 June 2014.
Completed applications including Application form, Project proposal, not exceeding 1,200 words and CV should be sent to: email@example.com.
For further information visit the official website HERE.