Internal Auditor / Risk Manager: SOS Children’s Villages Association of Zimbabwe
Deadline: 8 November 2016
SOS Children’s Villages Association of Zimbabwe is a member of SOS Children Villages International – a worldwide children’s social welfare organization, providing orphaned and abandoned children with a permanent family home and educational opportunities. We have over 1,500 projects in more than 130 countries. We seek an energetic and organized individual to support the National Association in this position through the promotion of good corporate governance and risk management.
Purpose of the job
Develop and execute the Audit plan, and take a leading role in the day to day execution of internal audits; Identify risks associated with National Office business objectives and evaluate the controls in place to mitigate those risks in order to improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes; Provide value-added advice and support to the National Office on the creation or modification of policies, procedures, processes and services to ensure that an appropriate level of internal control and compliance is maintained.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Engage in entry meetings with clients to explain the scope and objectives of the audit and provide an overview of all steps in the audit process;
- Seek to have a thorough understanding of business processes within the scope of the assigned audits and document the processes;
- Identify and document inherent risks and controls within the National Association processes and develop a risk register;
- Perform audit tests and prepare working papers in accordance with professional standards and methodology;
- Evaluate the adequacy of process design and the effectiveness of controls in meeting business and internal control objectives;
- Identify and document weaknesses of the internal control processes and provide evidential support for findings;
- Propose practical and value added recommendations to address control weaknesses and/or process inefficiencies;
- Engage in exit meetings with clients at the end of fieldwork, providing clear explanations for identified issues;
- Prepare a concise and informative audit report to effectively communicate the findings and recommendations to the facilities and Senior Management;
- Contribute to the safeguarding of Association assets by ensuring that appropriate internal controls are in place and operating effectively;
- Develop and maintain effective and professional working relationships with all levels of staff within the Association;
- Conduct investigations of suspected internal fraud;
- Provide consultative support to departments with regard to the adequate design and execution of risk management processes;
- Collect, co-ordinate and disseminate materials for the quarterly Audit Committee meetings;
- Conduct audit tests to assist external auditors with the annual financial reporting;
- Report to the National Director operationally and Board Treasurer on a monthly basis or as and when required to do so
Qualifications and person specifications
- Should have 5 years’ experience in Risk Management and Auditing at a managerial level;
- A degree in Accounting or Audit; Sound judgment, integrity and commitment to ethical behaviour;
- Demonstrated ability to lead through influence and effectively manage complex issues and relationships;
- Have good verbal and written communication skills and be able to present audit findings when required to do so;
- Be able to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers, co-sourced staff and external contacts;
- Be able to work independently and meet deadlines; Should be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously;
- Should be a highly motivated individual with a positive attitude, self-directed and assertive;
- Be a member of the Institute of Auditors or Certified Chartered Accountant;
- A clean class 4 driver’s licence
Please submit detailed personal profile / CV to: Resourcing.SOS@SOS-Zimbabwe.or
Female and Male prospective candidates are all encouraged to apply
This has been brought to you from Kubatana.net.
Note that Kubatana receives notifications for inclusion of material for this newsletter from a variety of sources.
Whilst we try to verify the authenticity of the information we publish, the final responsibility rests with you to make sure that the advertiser is supplying you with correct information. We encourage you to engage in conversation with the advertiser directly should you have any queries or concerns.