Funded Spots at COP23 Bonn Germany
Deadline: JULY 31, 2017
Award: include covering your flight, accommodation, entry into the COP
Climate Tracker is launching its COP23 opportunity, and it is stacked with opportunities and prizes for Trackers from everywhere in the world! With the signing of the Paris Agreement almost two years behind us, it is time to step up our game. The Renewable Energy Transition is unstoppable! Even if Trump wants to pull out of the Paris Agreement, now he wants Solar Panels on Border Wall. Around the world, Renewable energy is driving bigger changes than we have seen in generations, and the pressure is on for countries to take their transitions even further. The message is clear now, Trump is isolated and it doesn’t matter where you’re from; it’s time to take your commitments to Climate Change seriously.
Participants from all countries are eligible for our #RaiseUParis opportunity.
They do have one special set of Countries, and we will DEFINITELY SELECT at least ONE PERSON from the following Countries:
- Indonesia | The Philippines | India | Ethiopia | Nigeria | Egypt | Bangladesh | Peru | Pakistan | Turkey
But we have 4 other spots available for anyone in the world! They encourage young writers from around the world (like yourself) to help write inspiring stories and to publish them in media.
- Five lucky young people will be rewarded a spot to COP 23 in Germany!
- They will be covering your flight, accommodation, entry into the COP and guidance by the Climate Tracker team.
- Other prizes to win include online writing fellowships, for which you receive a stipend and personal guidance from
- Climate Tracker to write about climate change issues in your region
How to Apply
they will have three publishing windows, during which you will have to write at least one article about a specific topic. You will have to write at least one article on each topic to be eligible for the prizes. That means at least 3 articles in total:
- Topic 1 (1 July – 31 July): The Clean Energy Revolution
During the first publishing window, we encourage you to: (1) describe the importance of, and the opportunities for, clean energy in your country or region; (2) explain how the fossil fuel industry is having negative impacts on climate change, endangering millions of people, and (3) call out for a higher ambition in executing the well-underway clean energy revolution.
- Topic 2 (1Aug – 31 Aug): Supporting Climate Finance
To ensure the well-being of future societies and to achieve the climate goals that have been set, we have to invest in the future. It’s time to take up responsibility and make sure where our climate money is going.
- Topic 3 (1 Sep – 30 Sept): Climate and health
Climate change is impacting each and every one of us on a very personal level that many of us don’t even realise, namely our health. With climate action, we have the chance to save millions of lives.
To get started on the first topic, and get some inspiration on how and what to write, we will be sending you a toolkit as soon as you sign up to the competition.