George Washington University Global Leaders Fellowship
The Global Leaders Fellowship is for incoming graduate students (master’s and doctoral) at the George Washington University (starting Fall 2018) who will return to their countries of origin to apply skills learned through their formal education at the GW. The fellowship is intended for GW graduate students who will be future leaders in their fields in their home countries.
Three Global Leaders Fellowship, which will cover up to 18 credit hours will be awarded for 2017-18. The grantee is to provide funds from other sources for books, living, and other expenses, and must provide certification of this support. A Fellowship is renewable each year for a cumulative maximum of three years for Master’s candidates and up to five years for doctoral candidates.
Graduate students (master’s and doctoral) in the following schools are eligible:
- College of Professional Studies
- Columbian College of Arts and Sciences
- Elliott School of International Affairs
- Graduate School of Education and Human Development
- School of Business (Executive Education program is not eligible)
- School of Engineering and Applied Science
- Applicants must be from one of the following countries or regions
- China (PRC)
- Eastern Europe
- Latin America
- The Caribbean
- Sub-Saharan Africa
- U.S.S.R. Successor States
- This fellowship is for students who have not studied or worked in the U.S. or other countries aside from their home country.
- Applicants must have passed the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum score of 600 on the paper-based exam or 100 on the internet based exam, or an IELTS overall band score of 7.5 (with no individual band below 6.0).
How to apply:
Students need to apply for admission separately through the online process. No Fellowship applicants will be considered who have not completed the admissions application, including payment of their application fee. The scholarship application must be submitted via the online application portal before the deadline.
The application deadline for the Global Leaders Fellowship is 5 February 2018 12:00 PM (NOON) EST.
For more information and to apply, visit the official website.