Spring Global Sponsorship Operations Intern or Skilled Volunteer
Reporting to the Director, Global Sponsorship and support from the Coordinator, Child Information Management and Manager and Associate Director, Global Sponsorship Business Development, this person will assist in providing valuable input to the CIM and GSBD teams strategic, operational and growth plans; analyze child information and donor information and ensure its accuracy and support the review and documentation of current processes.
As an intern or skilled volunteer, you will be given the opportunity to network with other Save the Children interns, volunteers and employees and participate in learning sessions about various topics spanning the breadth of Save the Children’s work. Through this experience, you will gain a greater understanding about the international development community and how it intersects with the private sector. You will also gain transferable skills that are applicable to a variety of roles, particularly in the non-profit industry, marketing, sales, and client services.
- Analyze existing and new sponsored child data to better identify and understand patterns (e.g. reasons for children no longer participating in programs; causes of deaths; etc.). Create compelling visual representations of such analysis.
- Contribute to special projects involving the integration of sponsorship programs and operations.
- Audit existing processes and develop documentation where needed.
- Assist in the review and editing of the sponsored children data received from Save the Children International Country Offices
- Possess strong written skills, solid interpersonal skills and ability to work within a team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Eligible to work in the U.S.
- Eligibility for intern classification: an individual must be enrolled in a relevant undergraduate, graduate or post-graduate academic program and able to receive credit from his/her college or institution. (Minimum requirement is a letter of support and documentation is required only after an internship is offered.)
- An individual who is not enrolled as a student may apply for an internship, but will be classified as a skilled volunteer, not as an intern.
- Please attach resume and cover letter to your application.
Classification: Unpaid Intern or Skilled Volunteer
Dates: January 30, 2018 to April 27, 2018 Part-time: hours/week
Save the Children does NOT provide housing or transportation.
Save the Children invests in childhood – every day, in times of crisis and for our future. In the United States and around the world, we are dedicated to ensuring every child has the best chance for success. Our pioneering programs give children a healthy start, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. Our advocacy efforts provide a voice for children who cannot speak for themselves. As the leading expert on children, we inspire and achieve lasting impact for millions of the world’s most vulnerable girls and boys. By transforming children’s lives now, we change the course of their future and ours.We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Save the Children complies with all applicable laws.
Save the Children is committed to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for the children it serves and helping protect the children with whom Save the Children is in contact. All Save the Children Representatives are explicitly prohibited from engaging in any activity that may result in any kind of Child Abuse. In addition, it is Save the Children’s policy to create and proactively maintain an environment that aims to prevent and deter any actions and omissions, whether deliberate or inadvertent, that place children at the risk of any kind of Child Abuse. All Save the Children Representatives are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with this commitment and obligation. Any violations of this policy will be treated as a serious issue.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
To apply visit : https://recruiting.ultipro.com/SAV1002STCF/JobBoard/7d92e82b-af74-464d-859b-c5b8cba6e92e//OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=8aeebf6c-b7fe-4a45-96c6-c59f82698c19&utm_source=LINKEDIN&utm_medium=referrer