Apply now: Future Global Leaders Fellowship 2017 for University Student
Application is ongoing for the Future Global Leaders Fellowship with the aim to select extraordinary University students with great potential for remarkable success, excellent and influence to get adequate training on Leadership, high level mentorship, global internship funding and customize career services.
About the Program:
The Future Global Leaders Fellowship is an initiative of the Fortis Society– the world’s first private network of diverse leaders with strong dedication to one another’s success and to a better world.
The FGL choose outstanding university students every year to undergo intensive 20-days Leadership training in accordance to leadership curriculum and creating a strong relationship by overcoming physical and mental challenges in the wilderness.
The aim of the Fortis Society is to create a platform to bring together future leaders to form a global network by which they will assist each other to reach the highest levels of success, power, and global influence
All selected fellows after completing the course of a 3-year program, will be inducted into the Fortis Society-the world’s first private network of diverse leaders with strong dedication to one another’s success and to a better world.
- Contagious Charisma and Unyielding Strength of Character – two common and essential traits in all leaders.
- Resilience and Guts – demonstrated through having overcome hardship.
- Inexhaustible Global Ambition – along with a realistic strategy, the ability to execute, and the willingness to sacrifice and take risks to achieve extraordinary success.
- A Humble Background – the highest priority will be given to first-generation and low-income students who meet all requirements.
- High Level Mentorship: Future Global Leaders Fellows work with us to identify and secure a high-level leader in their field who will become their mentor for three years. FGL Mentors provide personal insights into what it takes to reach the highest levels of success and help expand Fellows’ networks;
- Leadership Training: The summer after their freshman year, FGL Fellows complete an intensive three-week training with the National Outdoor Leadership School in the US. Together they are taught a rigorous leadership curriculum and build strong relationships by overcoming extreme physical/mental challenges in the wild. NOLS alumni include NASA teams, Fortune 500 teams, and Wharton/Harvard MBA’s;
- Customized Career Service: The Future Global Leaders Fellowship Team also assists Fellows in maximizing their professional opportunities through providing 1-on-1 career advising, customized career guides, online training with Human Resources executives, and intimate conversations with top professionals.
- Global Internship Funding: FLF does not match FGL Fellows with internships. Fellows secure a top-tier internship abroad (i.e. outside of their country of birth, heritage, and residence) and FGL provides customized coaching and funding to cover internship costs not met by the host company/scholarships. Fellows have previously secured internships in 30+ countries at companies like Goldman Sachs, Facebook, Google, UN, Grameen Bank, BNP Paribas, US Embassies, Clinton Foundation etc.
Applicants must fulfill the following requirements to be considered into FGL Fellow:
- First-Generation or Low-Income University Student – students who do not have a family history of higher education, or who come from a low-income background.
- Track Record of Academic Excellence – throughout high school and during the first months of the current school year.
- Proven Leadership Abilities – through self-started initiatives and ventures, or leadership in their schools or communities.
Deadline: January 31, 2018
How to apply:
For details information, visit the official webpage of the Fellowship here.