Full-Time Operations Manager – Institute of Justice and Democracy in Haiti
The Institute for Justice & Democracy in Haiti (IJDH) has successfully helped Haitians enforce their human rights since 2004. IJDH partners with Haiti-based Bureau des Avocats Internationaux (BAI) to support grassroots struggles for justice in Haiti and in the powerful countries abroad where decisions about Haitians’ rights are often made. IJDH and BAI combine traditional legal strategies with organizing, public advocacy and emerging technology to address the root causes of injustice and build stability and prosperity in Haiti.
We pride ourselves on utilizing excellent legal and communications work, but also creativity, humility, inspiration, humor and a supportive work culture to affect change. We bring about broad social change with modest resources by nurturing large advocacy networks. Current work includes securing United Nations accountability for cholera in Haiti, fighting for renewal of Temporary Protected Status (TPS) for Haitians in the U.S., working for justice in cases of gender-based violence, keeping Haitian activists safe and training human rights advocates.
IJDH seeks a full-time Operations Manager to:
- Manage and implement IJDH accounting, including IJDH revenue and expense tracking, IJDH bank reconciliations, cash flow analysis and BAI expense reporting reconciliations, with substantive collaboration with BAI in Haiti and possible short accounting trips to Haiti;
- Manage IJDH annual financial audit, taxes, registrations and insurance;
- Serve as IJDH human resources point person, including submitting bi-weekly payroll;
- Manage intern recruitment, translation volunteers and other volunteers in collaboration with or in place of a Volunteer Coordination volunteer. Supervise staff, interns and volunteers as assigned;
- Take on special projects as assigned, including event planning for Annual Board Meeting and other possible events;
- Participate in fundraising, communications, community outreach and other work as needed;
- Manage IJDH office space, including serving as liaison to our landlord, Emmanuel Church;
- Work as part of a team in Boston.
- Experience with non-profit accounting and Quickbooks;
- Ability to speak Haitian Kreyol and/or French required, in addition to fluent English;
- Demonstrated mature professional judgment, discretion, resourcefulness and creativity;
- Commitment to Haiti, social justice and human rights;
- Strong organizational skills, technology skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently;
- Bachelor’s degree required.
This is a full-time position with health care benefits and four weeks annual paid vacation, in addition to holidays and sick days. As a small nonprofit, the salary offered is modest. The position offers a terrific opportunity to contribute to and grow with a highly effective, compassionate, and supportive team doing cutting edge human rights and advocacy work.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit a resume with a cover letter highlighting the skills, experience and interests that make you a strong candidate for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Operations Manager” in the subject line. For more information on IJDH, please go to http://www.ijdh.org.
Please apply ASAP, as we aim to fill the position promptly (November 2017). Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
IJDH is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
- Institute of Justice and Democracy in Haiti
- Job Posting Expires On