UNDP Environment Specialist
UNDP is currently recruiting a Forestry Management and Conservation Specialist (Environment Specialist) to support the implementation of the Environmentally Sustainable Production Practices in Cocoa Landscapes (ESP II) project.
This position is open to Ghanaian nationals only and the deadline for applications is 30 November 2017.
The detailed job description and the link to apply can be found here:
- This position requires a strong background (at least at M.Sc.) in Environmental Management, Forestry, or Natural Resource Management with at least 5 years of relevant experience in Ghana’s forestry and agriculture sectors. Experience and/or familiarity with environmental management systems, farmer training, agroforestry practice and GIS and other data management tools and systems would be an asset.
- Experience in policy related issues policy issues with respect to forestry and biodiversity conservation and analysis of issues that are affecting the cocoa sector i.e. tree tenure rights, land tenure, land use planning etc.
- Ability to communicate complex information in understandable and relevant terms adapted for different stakeholders especially communities
- Proven project coordination skills with ability to effectively manage and prioritize a diverse workload within a team
- An excellent command of English is essential. The successful candidate will be expected to undertake field work. This position carries considerable responsibility and autonomy and requires good organizational capacity, good interpersonal and networking skills and a willingness to work as part of a team.