all for Policy Briefs – Cities, WAKE UP! – Special Edition of Youth SPI Publication for WUF-9
Dear UN MGCY,
Are you a young scientist? Innovator? Policy ‘changer’? And of 30 years old or below? Do you want to enhance the discussion on sustainable urban development through evidence-informed knowledge? Do you want your work shared at the global level? Or do you think you must and can make a difference in urban/territorial policy dialogue? Well, then here is THE opportunity for you!
We are looking for YOUR policy brief (accompanied by an optional 1-2 minute-video) to include in the “Cities, WAKE UP!” – Urban Edition 2.0 of the UNMGCY Science Policy Interface Publication, which will be launched at the ninth session of the World Urban Forum in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in February 2018. All are welcome to submit single-authored or multi-authored policy briefs (at least one person must be 30 yrs or below).
Deadline: January 19th, 2018.
Guidance: Concept note with background and requirements for submission to the Youth SPI Publication can be found – HERE. The template for submission is – HERE and form for submission HERE. If you have any questions or comments, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Objectives of the Publication:
– Synthesize, share, and disseminate knowledge to feed into the WUF9.
– Contribute formally to the ongoing cycle of policy design, implementation, monitoring, follow-up & review, through evidence-informed analysis of cross-cutting themes within the thematic areas of urbanisation:
- Social justice and inequality:
* Growing? inequality in cities. Livelihoods and future of work.
* Migration, urban-rural linkages, integrated territorial development.
2. Environment and Resilience
* Cities and climate change. Disaster mitigation / response. Biodiversity.
3. Economic dimension
* How can cities be kept pristine in an age of hunger for economic growth?
* New economic models? people people and planet first.
* Governance, shifting paradigms? Participatory approaches.
5. Smart for whom and how
* Are smart cities smart? assessing emerging technologies and innovations.
6. Philosophical and visionary approach, thinking beyond.
* Utopian cities. From Earth to Mars?
* Beyond cities, redefining habitats
We are looking forward to your submission!
Ruxanda & Louise, H3-SPI Focal Points
on behalf of UN MGCY SPI Coordination Team